The classes at San Ignacio are doing a Unit on correspondence at the end of September. I have told the teacher that I have a whole bunch of letters waiting for responses to set up pen pals. She thinks it's a great idea so I will give those to her to look over next Tuesday.
Comments: why are you a vegetarian?
Because I went to England not long after Mad Cow disease and I didn't want to catch it from infected meat. I liked the taste of veg food and have now been a veg for about 10 years.
Questions from Year 10 Spanish:
- Is zumba popular?
Not really, not as much as I thought. I went to a YMCA gym the other day to check out the kinds of classes they have. Here are the titles of the classes:
Artes Marciales:Taekwondo, Quay combat, ninjutsu, Quay armony, Kendo, Jiu Jitsu, localizada, Quay Full, Latin Power, Quay pilates,
Dance: Salsa estilo cubano, Salsa estilo Los Angeles, Pre ballet - 3 a 6 anos, Ballet Clasico 7 a 15 anos, Ballet Moderno 12 a 18 anos, Danza Arabe, Bailoterapia
Aerobics: Quay Aeroobic, Aerobica Basico, Quay Cardiac, Quay Gap, Spinning, Aerobox, Step intermedio, Step Avanzada, Step, Juvenil, Step Basico
Sports: Gimn Basqutebol
- What fast food restaurants do they have?
All the same international ones that we have, mainly American like KFC, McDonalds, Subway, Dunkin Doughnuts, Starbucks, even some of the same restaurant chains. One type of food that we don't have is called 'completas' this is like a hotdog. It would be classed as a foot long subway and comes out on its own stand. I'll try and get a foto of one or two for you
- Boy, is it cold in Chile or what from Chad?
It's the same as Whangarei minus the rain. It has only rained 3 times in the month and one week I have been here. Silly but it's something I miss because it's what I'm used to hearing when I go to bed it puts me to sleep. We have had the 'estufa' going on the occasional night. From the apartment window of my host brother in Santiago I can see the Andes Mountains. It is colder in Santiago at night. I went to Llay Llay with the AFS exchange students and camped the night last weekend. That was freezing. I woke up at 5 and couldn't feel my feet so I went for a walk till I got back my circulation. I woke up again at 8am and decided to start the campfire because I had had enough by then.
- What songs are popular?
Chocolate ( I have yet to find out the singer or where I can download this) Alexandro. Most students listen to American music so unless you want to listen to folk songs it can be hard at times to hear Spanish songs. This weekend is an AFS meeting and I have asked one of the students to bring his cable for his IPod so I can download songs that kids his age listed to. Will keep you informed on this
- What do they consider to be exotic food?
That's a really good question. I'll have to follow that one up because I don't know
- Do they like Justin Bieber?
The girls love him. The boys think he is gay (I think the boys are just jealous lol)
- What’s their popular network websites?
Face book, twitter
- Are there any hot guys in the highschool. Please post photos.
The same as in NZ yes but not all. You'll have to check out the blog because my opinion of hot and your opinion of hot may be different
- Do they have beaches?
Yes I live on the coast line in Valparaiso. It is a huge naval port. I attend schools in Vina del Mar which is a tourist beach town. The waterfront has some really nice cafes where you can sit and observe life.
- From a teacher point of view what are the students like compared to us.
I think the students are really good in English. However national statistics state that only 2% of the population are able to speak English. I have recorded some scenarios that I'm unable to upload because of the size but can show when I return.
ALL classes that I have attended are taught in the target language i.e. all explanations, questions, instructions are given in English
- Do they surf much?
Yes they have a very good break at Vina del Mar. This I am told is packed in summer, you can't see the sand only bodies and you have to be in early to reserve a spot.
- Do they play rugby/netball?
They don't know what netball is. At San Ignacio I have come across only 1 boy who plays rugby
- Are the empanadas nice?
Yes but they take ages to make and very labour intensive. I love queso empanadas but the traditional ones have meat
- Are there any really good looking girls, please send photos.
The same as in NZ yes but not all. You'll have to check out the blog because my opinion of hot and your opinion of hot may be different
Hope this answers your questions. Any more feel free to ask
No comments:
Post a Comment