14 August 2010
Firstly I would like to thank Diego for being my wonderful computer technician and turning around my short film as I filmed it in portait not landscape formatting. Thank you bro :-)Then showing me how to embed the images into the blog so you don't have to now hunt to the bottom of the page to find my images. I can't believe that I am downloading onto youtube! The technology I'm learning out of necessity is great!
This is a short film I took on Thursday of a musician playing the accordion in the tren on the way to Valparaiso. I was returning home in the afternoon. It must have been the time of day for it because on one of the trains going the opposite direction a man was playing 'hard out' on his guitar and his friend was singing. The muscians work each of the carriages. They play a couple of songs, ask for any requests, then walk the carriage getting tips. The lady I saw tip gave 100 pesos so I did the same.
Riding the train is easy. First you need to purchase a card at the Boleteria. You then load this card with the amount of money that your travel will cost, or you can charge it with extra money for future journeys. They don't have a train timetable, it just leaves every 6 minutes on a week day and 12 minutes in the weekend. In Valparaiso there is only one track that goes to and from Vina so you can't get lost. The minimum charge is $300. Once you have the card you scan it inside the blue shield of the entrance gate. There are alot of things you are not allowed to bring on the train like bicycles, dogs, skateboards, or enter under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Also in the stations they have a receptacle for used mobile phones. If you no longer need yours you can deposit it here and it will be recycled. Some of the money goes towards a charity.
No comments:
Post a Comment